Rules of the Hike to Beat Blood Cancer event
- All participants must be aged 18 or over on August 16 2019.
- Running or jogging is prohibited as part of Hike to Beat Blood Cancer. It is a condition of our permit to hike in the national park that participants do not run or jog.
- Hike to Beat Blood Cancer is a group activity. All hikers are required to stay within their assigned group and observe reasonable directions the walk leader.
- If an individual fails to observe the reasonable direction of the walk leader, Hike to Beat Blood Cancer is no longer responsible for the individual.
- Under no circumstances are individuals to be left unaccompanied. If an individual becomes exhausted or injured, they must liaise with the walk leader.
- The Leukaemia Foundation reserves the right to alter the trail without notice and/or cancel/postpone the event. If the event is cancelled participants can request a refund of their registration fee.
- Please do not litter on the hike. Participants must respect the environment and other walkers by taking all rubbish with them.
- Dogs and smoking are not permitted in national parks.
- Each hiker must raise a minimum of $600 in addition to the non-tax-deductible registration fee to participate in the event.